WELCOME to NAGOYA!!
Nagoya Travel Guide SHACHIme is a navigating tool that directs you to delicious Nagoya Meshi so that you can experience and enjoy Nagoya City to its fullest!OUR TEAM
The residents of Nagoya will always recommend "Yamamoto-ya Honten" as their top choice for the best miso-nikomi Udon!
Yamamoto-ya Honten is recognised for its famous udon, notably, the miso-ni ...
This dish is known as "Ankake Spaghetti"
Apparently, the owner himself has had no experience in cooking and yet, he ...
Sohonke Ebisuya Honten
Showcasing handmade noodles by preserving tradition and legacies from the Edo period,
The most distinctive feature of the Ebisuya is the retention of traditiona ...
A long-established eel restaurant established in 1873 showcasing the legacy of its Hitsumabushi
Atsuta Houraiken is renowned in Nagoya and retains its top popularity spot ...
Ebi Senbei no Sato
“Ebi Senbei no Sato,” the most popular shrimp crackers with the most number of flavors!
These popular shrimp crackers from Nagoya known casually as “Ebi Senbei no ...
Hot curry noodles cooked in an earthenware pot or “donabe”
Usually, a bowl of curry udon in Japan is served in a regular bowl.
Nagoya Meshi Restaurants
Nagoya Local Food Specialities
The locals have been in love with their own unique food in Nagoya.
Now it is called “Nagoya Meshi” and it finally came into the spotlight in Japan.
It is a must to try some “Nagoya Meshi”, outstanding Nagoya local food specialities when you visit Nagoya!
TOP 3 "Hitsumabushi" Restaurants
Hitsumabushi is a Japanese rice dish decorated with grilled Unagi (eel) at the top. The eel is usually cooked with a hot and sweet soy-based sauce and is served in smaller pieces that allows it to be enjoyed with simply plain rice, or accompanying condiments and an original soup stock or hot tea.
TOP 3 "Miso Katsu" Restaurants
Miso Katsu is essentially a dish of pork cutlet that is enveloped with sweet miso.
TOP 3 "Tebasaki" Restaurants
Imagine a dish of succulent fried chicken wings, but this time, the wing tips are the focus. Tebasaki wing tips are seasoned with a mix of spices, sesame seeds and a sweet and spicy sauce.
TOP 3 "Kishimen" Restaurants
Unlike regular Udon, ‘Kishimen’ is a flat type of Udon with a slippery and smoother texture.
TOP 3 "Miso Nikomi Udon" Restaurants
Miso Nikomi Udon is usually served in a traditional pot. In this pot, udon noodles are cooked with chicken, green onions, fried tofu, shiitake mushrooms and other seasonal ingredients in miso.
TOP 3 "Nagoya Cochin" Restaurants
“Nagoya Cochin” is one of Japan's most famous local chickens, produced in the Aichi Prefecture.
It is characterized by its firm and elastic flesh.
The eggs are also darker in color and richer in flavor.
TOP 3 "Curry Udon" Restaurants
Curry Udon is a delicious dish of Japanese Udon noodles in a curry broth. Unlike other regions, Nagoyaʼs Curry Udon is an authentic dish with a signature curry broth that appeals with its flavourful spices.
TOP 3 "Teppan Italian" Restaurants
Teppan Italian is actually Ketchup Spaghetti or Napolitan, served on a Teppan plate with a beaten egg poured all over the pasta.
TOP 3 "Uirou" Restaurants
Uirou is actually Japanese Wagashi.
It is made with rice mixed with flour and sugar.
Uirou has a sticky texture and is sold at many bakery shops that present and showcase Uirou in many exciting colours.
Top 10 Tourist Places in Nagoya
- Nagoya Castle was built in 1615.
- The castle tower has golden Shachihoko shining on top as a symbol of Nagoya.
- The residential area “Hommaru Goten (Palace)” is open to public after a decade’s restoration.
- The night view of the castle is a must-see!
Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium
- It is the largest aquarium in Japan.
- More than two million people visit and enjoy this amazing aquarium.
- They have 500 ocean species and it totals over 50,000 sea creatures.
- There are indoor and outdoor shows as well.
- Don’t miss the dolphin show and beluga & killer whale trainings. They are phenomenal!
Osu Shopping District
- Osu Shopping District is the largest shopping arcade in Nagoya.
- You’ll see all kinds of stores, restaurants and cafes from electronics to cosplay.
- Stroll around and try some unique Osu food and enjoy the diversity.
- Atsuta Shrine is one of the most important shrines in Japan.
- More than 2,300,000 people visit Atsuta Shrine to celebrate New Year and wish for good fortune.
- There are some “power spots”, sacred places filled with an energy called “qi” where you feel cleansed, refreshed and relaxed.
- Enjoy Kishimen noodles, one of local Nagoya specialties at a small shop inside the shrine grounds.
Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Toyota Motor Corporation has been leading Japan’s car industry.
- The Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology tells you the history of the company and shows you amazing technology.
- They have manufacturing machinery from different times on display and fascinating car collections both old and new.
- There are a lot of machine tools as well.
- Enjoy the actual sounds and the speed when they are in working order.
- Then take your kids to “Technoland”.
- The interactive fun games are always kids’ favorite.
- OASIS 21 is an impressive symbol of Nagoya, a magnificent structure that resembles a water spaceship!
- You can actually climb into it and explore on foot!
- Located at downtown Nagoya, it connects to the subway and bus terminals, and is impossible to miss!
- At night, the OASIS 21 illuminates in a magical and romantic way.
- LEGOLAND Japan opened in Nagoya, which counts the eighth LEGOLAND in the world.
- There are lots of family friendly attractions for kids under 12 years old.
- Don’t miss “Miniland” with 10,496,352 LEGO bricks! The scenery is magnificent!
- Enjoy Sea Life Nagoya and LEGOLAND Japan Hotel in the area.
Planetarium (Nagoya City Science Museum)
- Nagoya City Science Museum is a very interactive museum both kids and adults enjoy.
- Don’t miss their fun educational lab shows.
- Those are a must see!
- They have a gigantic planetarium with the world’s largest and highest quality dome as well.
- They have the best starball technology and sound system along with spacious seating with large reclining seats.
- You’ll have an amazing starry experience!
- Shirotori Garden is one of the largest traditional style Japanese gardens in Nagoya.
- A big pond is designed in the center of the park and the nature surrounding the pond is stunning.
- Enjoy different sceneries by the season.
- Have fun feeding beautiful Japanese koi carps!
SCMAGLEV and Railway Park
- The museum exhibits 39 rolling stock which actually used to run in Japan. It includes Shinkansen, bullet trains past and present, along with other regular trains.
- Try one of those train driving simulators.
- The driver’s cabin is actual size with a big screen in front of you showing incredible sceneries.
- Don’t miss one of the largest model train diorama set-ups in Japan.